Pages

Monday, February 12, 2007

The Prayer of Jabez; Asking God to bless me and enlarge my territory.

Prayer of Jabez
And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying,
“Oh, that you would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that your hand would be with me, and that you would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain.”So God granted him what he requested.
I Chronicles 4:10 NKJV
Extracted from PrayerOfJabez


Usually, I'm a pretty Pro Catholic, but I do open up to other dissections of Christianity as well, especially since tubbs is a Christian and I know I wouldn't force him to convert. He follows me to my church and I in-turn, listen to his pastoral sermons on CDs together with him, a bit of a compromise here and there. :) Anyway the main topic of this post isn't about which is the "right-one". So I say to my friends, "You're christian and I'm catholic, we all believe in God, but we just believe it in a different way."And so when Aunty sent tubbs this book~ "The Prayer of Jabez", I thought I'd have a read and it turned out to be quite inspirational. The main highlight of the book was the prayer above.

And so I pray to God everyday to Bless me, Guide my Path of Life and Enlarge my Territory. Enlarge my Territory meant letting me make more friends, so that I will not be lonely. And I believe he has done so. New friends will never replace the old, but they will somehow bring a smile to your face and will someday become your "old ones" too. :) Don't worry, I still love ya loads my dear coussy's Jan, Kris, Rac, my Pooh Gang, my Chabohs, Ah Wen, Sharon and my Pal Pal S.K. You all will never be forgotten or replaced. *muah* And I miss ya all! (*o*)

More updates on Shopping, City Trip, More new neighbours and New Student Eileen comin up in the next couple of days. =)

0 comments: