Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2005

MiKo'S pWeEty MaKeOver, EMIT uNi puBLicAtiOns, tHe eBay cRaZe aNd aDoRaBLe dOBBiE...

Image hosted by Photobucket.comI just read Miko's testimonial for me in friendster a few days ago when the dear girl decided it's about time she join friendster. It all started when she wanted to look up a friend of hers in friendster and she borrowed my account to do so, then she started browsing through everyone's profile's and stuff (including handsome guys) and the next day she started a friendster account sure enough... Back to my comments on her testi, I just felt it was one of the sweetest thing a best friend could write and it really touched my heart. Josh, one of Longy's housemate also wrote me a testi when I jokingly told him I was angry that he wrote one for Longy and Len but not for me. He immediatly wrote me one the night he came back from the Mt. Hotham trip, poor guy, thought I was really angry with him, but I'm sure he know Im only teasing him. But his testi anyway was a sweet and funny one too. The next night, Miko engaged a team of make-up artists and hairdressers to help her with her make over for her friendster photo shot. Felicia did her make-up and hair for her while I did her eye brows and took the photos. She said I was like a demanding photographer, but hey it was all good.. yeah... The final creation above with some photoshop touch up...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Yess, I write articles and I'm good at it too; When it's the right time and I have the mood and when inspirations just flow. My mum used to say I'm a Jack of all trades and I continue the sentence by saying, "and a master of some". I used to and still get funny stares from people in the EMIT team when they ask me what course I'm studying. Well, you see, it doesn't mean only Arts Students can be interested in writing and publications stuff right? And anyway, layout and editing are both done with computers too. So the EMIT Uni newspaper came out last friday and the first thing I did when I got the paper was to flick thorough to find my article. This isn't meant to be a brag or tell-off session about my contributions, but its just the feeling of the sense of satisfaction you get when your story actually gets published. Naturally all people are born selfish. I was touched that one of my friends, Noor actually appreciated my article on Permanent Residency in australia and she told me it was a good article in MSN and it brought a sense of closeness to her. Of course, this kind gesture is so much better as compared to the sight of the EMIT newspapers just being thrown aside in our house...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.comThe "In" craze now hitting the house is the "ebay" craze where all of the housemate became crazy shoppers overnight. I mean this thing has hit Miko, Len and I since last month and this ebay thingy is really addictive. I really mean it, once you get there, you are not leaving till you buy something. It's worse than going to the actual store because an actual store only sells a particular category of items, while ebay sells thousands and millions of stuff! And so I just bought another item yesterday, a watch, heehee... See those cute kitties above? Yeah those shots were taken just outside South 6, "Aren't they cute"? But then again I'm a biased person because "a dog" definitely love dogs better. Dobbie belongs to Alicia and we "borrowed" him for the day. When he went home that night, all of us missed him so much... Yess, I still keep to my point in that the first place I'm going if I get my PR here in OZ is to the petshop! *huggies, dobbie...*

0 comments: